Menu +

New York City Photographer | Andrew and Katie

There is something so undeniably beautiful about photographing married love…especially the love of a military couple. Katie and Andrew have endured so much in their first year of marriage and it was such an honor to celebrate their one year milestone with them…Through Anniversary Celebration Sessions, in part my goal is always to help slow time if but only for an evening, to give a couple the chance to reconnect and remember why they fell in love in the first place. When life is moving at a million miles an hour all around you, it can be so hard to take time to refocus on what truly matters most…As we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge that afternoon with so many people around, I watched them look at each other and laugh as if they were the only two people in New York City…and as I thought about the fact that Andrew will deploy soon, I couldn’t help but be reminded that this matters. Taking pictures together as a couple matters so much because they will always have these to look back on and remember this time in their lives…and through the good times and bad, they can rest in the fact that they will always have each other no matter how far apart they are.

Their relationship literally began years and years ago when they went to the same preschool…so naturally that’s where we started their session on Staten Island where they grew up! Then we visited the park by the water where they hung out as teenagers, and finally took the Ferry so that we could end at the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset. And it was all so perfect! Katie and Andrew are the type of couple that you can have a good time with no matter what you’re doing. They are so good at making you feel loved and welcomed and it was such an honor to get to spend the evening with them for these! I think their love really shines through and I can’t wait for you to see because I know you’re going to fall in love with them too! Enjoy my favorites from our afternoon in the city!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Lisa Wenger

July 3rd, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Such pure joy in these pictures! What a beautiful couple and special way to celebrate their anniversary!

2. Nikki Santerre

July 3rd, 2014 at 12:57 pm

So beautiful! I love the locations, light, and outfit choices!

3. Rebekah Carter

July 3rd, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Wow, she is so gorgeous! Her SMILE . . . woah! I love all of the shots where her hair is blowing in the wind. Great job!

4. Alison

July 3rd, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I love every single one of these images SO MUCH!

5. Lauren Swann

July 3rd, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Katie, you are STUNNING!!! I love this celebration of yours and Andrew’s marriage! So so sweet. Anna, these are absolutely amazing!! I love the images on the bridge/ferry!! You have an incredible talent sweet friend!!!

6. katelyn james

July 3rd, 2014 at 2:22 pm

smiled looking through all of these!!!!!

7. Jill Powers

July 3rd, 2014 at 2:57 pm

LOVE these!!!

8. Katie Poling

July 3rd, 2014 at 3:52 pm

swooning over that last picture!!! the lines are incredible. and the black and white one on the bridge of her looking back over her shoulder is so fun!

9. Jennifer Gulley

July 3rd, 2014 at 4:20 pm

loveeeeeeee. the light on the bridge and her skirt = perfection!

10. Kimber W.

July 3rd, 2014 at 8:39 pm

These are absolutely amazing! I love how your photos capture so much emotion, love, and joy in every shot. Simply perfect. :)

11. Wynona

July 5th, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I ABSOLUTELY love all of them! And Katie is so stinking cute! And I can see their love pouring out! :)

12. Caroline Logan

July 7th, 2014 at 7:58 pm

What. What. What. OBSESSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!

13. Deployment. | San Diego Wedding Photographer

July 30th, 2014 at 12:44 am

[…] first date, where he proposed, where we’ll always call home in our hearts. My amazing friend Annamarie Akins came up to the city (with Caroline Logan!) and took these photos of us in this place, in this time. […]

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ON INSTAGRAM

@annamarie_akins

A glimpse into my daily life in Richmond, VA (and travels beyond) with my husband Ryan, our disobedient puppy Lexie, and the work, style and attempts at minimalism in between.

Please log in to vote

You need to log in to vote. If you already had an account, you may log in here

Alternatively, if you do not have an account yet you can create one here.