Today I’m writing my weekly wrap-up from my in-laws house in Chesapeake…we havnt been able to make a trip here in a few months since I’ve been gone most weekends, so it’s especially fun to be here and to be spending time with family! Today, Ryan and his brother, dad, and my step-dad are off playing golf together, so my mother-in-law and I are about to head out to do some thrifting and to go to lunch at the Baker’s Crust (one of my favorites! If you havnt been to one, you need to go and order a crepe! They’re SO good!)…It’s been so refreshing getting to relax and sleep in and forget about all of our responsibilities for just a little bit!
To break up the weekly wrap-up I’m also including a few more peeks from the sessions that I had this past week..I cant wait to share these full sessions soon!
- I got to head to Blacksburg for these shoots!…I stayed with a friend at Virginia Tech and it was so fun getting to see some of my girlfriends that I hadnt seen in forever! It was really strange to be in Blacksburg and to spend time on campus and at some of my old hang out spots…I had some major deja vu moments. It still so weird to be an alumni!
- Our built-in bookshelves are fully painted and decorated…and I feel like we just got a lot done in general at our house this week, which is exciting…We want to have a house warming party with our families in early November, so I’m hoping we can get our place looking really good by then!
- It finally started to feel like FALL this week! YESSS…we went apple picking, drank lots of hot beverages like apple cider and hot chocolate, and turned the heat on in our house for the first time! And even though the leaves still aren’t really changing much in Richmond yet, they definitely are in Blacksburg already which made some awesome backdrops for my pictures!
- I felt a little bit like I lived in my car this week with all the driving I did! I really don’t mind driving, but sometimes if you’re by yourself it gets a little boring after you hear the same song on the radio for the third time…I need to invest in some books on tape to listen to when I have a long drive!
- I have lots of work to catch up on this weekend! I’ve been so busy that it’s piling up…But I know it will feel so good to get it all done!
And that’s it! It really has been a great week and I’m feeling especially thankful for the people who support me and my little business…I had so much fun with Holly & Morgan and George & Joyelle, and I cant believe that I get to be a part of such a special time in their lives and capture their joy! I just love engagement sessions because I love investing in relationships and building new friendships…I really want relationships to be at the heart of my business…not just the ones that you see represented in my pictures…but the ones I get to have with the couples too…I’m just so thankful and overwhelmed with joy when I think about the wonderful people that I’ve met through photography!
So on that note, Happy Friday (!!) and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!