Menu +

Ash Lawn-Highland | Caitlin and Dan

I was so over the moon with excitement when Caitlin and Dan booked me for their wedding next April because not only are they a super sweet couple, but Dan is also my amazing friend Jill’s brother and I knew it was going to be a really fun celebration to be a part of! Their planning a gorgeous tented reception in Orange, Virginia and I can’t wait to see it come together…

On top of that, I was thrilled that they wanted to shoot their engagement pictures in Charlottesville! I had photographed bridal portraits for a good friend at Ash Lawn-Highland a long time ago, so when we decided to use it as the backdrop for Caitlin and Dan’s pictures, I knew it was going to be beautiful…It was a sunny, warm fall day and we couldn’t have asked for prettier weather…

These two are so much fun and I loved my time with them…My favorite part of the evening was near the end when we decided to try and race to a look out spot a few miles from Ash Lawn where we could see the sun set…well we didn’t make it in time, but we laughed a lot and got a few fun shots as we literally ran up a path to the lookout..

Caitlin and Dan, thank you SO much for being so wonderful and fun to work with! I am counting down the days until I get to see you two on your wedding day and I hope you enjoy my favorite engagement shots! :)

2013-10-28_003 2013-10-28_053

Congratulations again, you two!!

filed in:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Brittany

October 28th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Wowww I adore the lighting in these!! And I love Ash Lawn…that’s where I got married! :)

2. Melissa

October 28th, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I love the black and white one in the tree lined street! Gorgeous! Adorable couple.

3. Gabrielle C

October 28th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Such a sweet couple! I’m so excited your doing their wedding photos, can’t wait for the spring!! :)

4. Caitlin P

October 28th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Thank you Annamarie for the AMAZING photos!! Dan and I had such a great time. Can’t wait for the wedding :)

5. Brittany Claud

October 28th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Oh girl…you are so, so talented! Love these and you captured their love and happiness perfectly! And love this location! xoxo

6. Katie Barber

October 29th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

i am loving those trees!! especially the black and white one towards the end when they are in the middle of the road :) beautiful pictures!

7. Allie

November 1st, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Ah! LOVE that glowy light and the tree lined road! Beautiful!! :)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

A glimpse into my daily life in Richmond, VA (and travels beyond) with my husband Ryan, our disobedient puppy Lexie, and the work, style and attempts at minimalism in between.

Please log in to vote

You need to log in to vote. If you already had an account, you may log in here

Alternatively, if you do not have an account yet you can create one here.